– Here in Bolivia, I am not short! Bolivians, it seems, are shorter. I am taller than most of my female colleagues and around the same height as all the men. Note to self: stock up on trousers.
– Upon entering and leaving a restaurant, it is customary to say “provecho!” (“bon appetit”) to every single table you pass. Bolivians are a courteous bunch.
– It is currently Bolivian summer, which is also the rainy season. I keep hearing that you experience four seasons in one day here, and it turns out it`s no exaggeration. Days start off hot and gloriously sunny, but at various points during the same day there can be heavy rains, flash floods and hailstorms.
– So far I am falling sick approximately every ten days despite being vigilant. At this rate I will either have acquired a stomach of steel by May, or possibly a permanent parasitic infection (hopefully the former). How easily we take drinkable tap water for granted in North America…
– Stay tuned for tales of my road/boat-trip to La Isla del Sol… the highlight of my trip so far!